Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day Tripper(s)

Hello all! Sorry my postin schedule is off, but we've just been having so much fun lately that there simply has not been enough time to post! Grammy, Opa and Uncle John arrive tomorrow, so I thought I'd get one out since I'll be even busier enjoying their company. It really is such a treat when we have visitors. First, the girls just seem to love all the attention. I often lament that I don't get to hold them as often as I think that they should be held, and when people are here, they get so much of it. It's wonderful for them. Secondly, I get opportunities to accomplish things that I wouldn't ordinarily be able to do (like have a shower!) Let's face it, more hands is just that; more hands!
As I eluded to, we've been having fun. We took a day on the weekend where no work was to take place and dubbed it "River's Day." The intention was to do something that River might enjoy for a change. We had been told that Fort Levis on the South Shore was the only off-leash dog park in city and it's environs, so we packed a picnic and everyone into the old Subaru and took off across the river to explore. Sadly, it turned out that it is really only an unofficial off-leash park and so Riv Dog remained on a long line, which Ivan thoughtfully packed just in case. Turns out he prefers to stick very close to his pack anyway, so we didn't have to give him much slack.
The girls enjoyed the explorations around the old fort very much and spent much of it laughing at River. (In case of potential boredom, add family pet). Ivan carried Mathilde around in the backpack cum child carrier that cousins Charlotte and Nicholas sent along for us to use (thank you, thank you, thank you!), and I toted Alexis around in the Baby Bjorn. (Which reminds me to return the second one that Tanya and Mike loaned to us. Yay, twins!) We completed the visit with a small picnic which everyone enjoyed. It's the only time River is permitted to partake in our meals. I figure, it's not like he can pack his own food, and he's working out too, so....
Well, as I say, we're looking forward to our visitor's arrival tomorrow. Ivan will be heading to Belgium for two weeks in October, so if there's anyone out there with some vacation time and no where to spend it, think of the girls and I! And with that, I'm off to bed.


No comments: