Tuesday, December 2, 2008

37 Weeks

Wow! Here we are, 37 weeks pregnant with twins. I could have never predicted that we would have made it this far. Truth is, my body is no where near ready to give birth. How is that possible? Today's visit to the Dr (if we understood him correctly) has left us with a decision to make over the next week. We can wait. We can literally sit it out and wait for me to go into labour on my own and risk a C-section anyway, or we can call it a day next Wednesday and ask for an elective C-section. I don't think my Dr would push me in either direction, he knows how uncomfortable I am. But the girls are well above average for even a singleton pregnancy and they're only getting bigger.
As for me, I'm done. We stopped at Canadian Tire on the way home. I'm no longer on bed rest and I was thinking that maybe I could use gravity to help things along, but it seems that I can no longer walk. That's unfortunate! But as you can see from the accompanying photo, I am now too large to make use of my legs! But I can do one more week. I will do one more week.

No comments: