Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Have a Sister?!

I'm only two days late, but here I am. I'm tired. Alexis has been sick (sort of), and refused to sleep! Okay, so she's down for the count at the moment, but it's only a matter of time! So I think she's sick because she lost her little voice for a few days, but had no fever, and kept her voracious appetite. We didn't worry too much about it, and she seems to be on the mend, but it broke my heart! Tilly is herself and cute as a button.
Grandma and Grandpa are here for a visit this weekend (so I've got a minute to Blog). It's so nice for the girls to spend time with them.
So the previous posts brought about a topic to write about from Toni. She wanted to know if and how the girls interact with one another. I'd hoped to have a video to illustrate this, but this week was just weird with getting their schedules down pat. Needless to say they are out the window this weekend. The schedules, that is.
Alexis and Mathilde do seem to recognize one another now, but only really in short bursts and when they are both well rested and happy. They can spend 20 minutes lying beside one another and not acknowledge the other, but every so often, when we get them face to face, they will smile and coo at one another. And it's really cute.
Up until last night, they shared a crib, but I'm not sure how aware of one another they were in that context. If one cries, the other is usually not affected by it, but who can say what they gain subconsciously from one another's proximity. Perhaps we might find that their breathing is regulated by the other's presence, or perhaps their blood pressure is positively affected. But nothing that I'm able to measure without gadgets. This will change, no doubt, in the future. I'm excited about the day when they learn to play with each other. I expect this to be really fun, but for now, they simply co-exist.
This post will be short. I've used stock footage for the video and I'm sorry that I'm not able to focus on it much this week. As I say, we are working on their nap schedules and learning to read their moods. It takes up all of my time! But I do enjoy doing the Blog, so please keep tuning in, eventually I'll get back into the swing of things!
Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Created With Paper said...

Thanks for the write up, it's funny Nic and CJ interacted so well at first and now they have their good and bad moments together but mostly it seems so much more peaceful when they're on their own. I'm sure they all go through phases. Great to see the girls, hope you enjoy your visitors!