Thursday, November 13, 2008

34 Weeks

Whew! Made it to 34 weeks finally and we're all still hangin in there! We had an Ultrasound today and things looked really good. Baby A weighs 5lbs 15oz, and Baby B weighs 5lbs 9oz. These would be great weights for a singleton pregnancy at this stage, and so just tremendous for twins. That said, it's still a lot for me to carry around. My cervix measured long today with very little change from when I was discharged from the hospital. And finally, there is no longer an abnormal amount of fluid around either baby. We've finally shed the term polyhydramnios from our reports, much to my tremendous relief!

We're all packed for our hospital stay. I suppose we'll find out next Wednesday at our OBGYN appointment what the plan of attack is. Will they schedule a C-section in case I go beyond a certain time period, or will they just let me go on my own. It's really hard to say. Baby A is in a good position for natural delivery still, but then again Baby B is still in her unfortunate transverse position. Doctors seem to vary on how they would proceed in this case. The girls are officially big enough to be delivered naturally so that lends some hope. Time will tell.

Otherwise, the bedrest thing seems to be working out very well for us. The girls are happy, I'm rested and getting lots of knitting done. Ivan seems to have found his groove and is happy as long as I stay where I'm put! I do try my hardest to oblige him. We really do want to get to 36 weeks. Though he's starting to talk more like 38 weeks. I just nod and smile. 38 weeks!! Can you imagine? Maybe he could take over for a bit?



No comments: