Saturday, May 30, 2009

Grammy and Opa's Visit


We missed last week! I'm so sorry if you were looking for our post, I just didn't find the time to get it out. My Mom and Step-Father (aka Grammy and Opa) arrived last weekend for a week-long visit and we've been enjoying every moment with them.
The girls have been in their glory since their arrival. The visit came at a really great time in their development where they are such charm machines. No opportunity for a smile or giggle is wasted with these girls at the moment. They flirt, charm and are so very aware of the responses that their expressions evoke. The word clown doesn't even begin to describe them! They are just so funny.
We've gotten back track with their solid foods. They've added oatmeal and apple sauce to their repertoire, though they don't think much of my home-made applesauce. I made it with stewed and pureed apples thinned with formula, but alas it's still a bit tart for their taste. As you can see from the video, squash is the clear winner. Tonight I'll do up some peas and we'll try that by week's end. So far the only reaction or side effect of the food is in the product that comes out the other side. This has proved very shocking to me! I realize that I'm in for a long and poop-filled two years with these girls. (sigh). Thankfully their other attributes far outweigh their diaper frights!
There are no teeth yet, but a great deal of drool and chewing are probably good indications that they are on their way. They are just beginning to sit up on their own, but really only for a few seconds at a time. I'm looking forward to the day when I can sit them up with some toys and sit back for a break. They are also very aware of one another now, and interact quite often with smiles and touches to each other's head and arms. They really are such a pleasure to be around.
So we had a wonderful visit with Grammy and Opa, and hope that Mathilde and Alexis continue to enjoy the company of family and friends. Perhaps we'll get lucky and that shy stage that we hear about will allude us. I hope to have more next week, but for now, I'm signing off to go and rescue a Gully from her nap. Take care everyone!

No comments: