Friday, May 1, 2009

Alexis Sucks Her Thumb!

Greetings, as Mathilde would say if she could talk. I'm writing today with no particular direction in mind. I'm trying, as I write, to create a video montage of Alexis displaying her new found addiction; thumb sucking. I'm of no particular opinion about this, of course I think it's cute, everything she does is cute. It seems to give her great pleasure and instantly calms her down when she is distressed. I'm not about to mess with that. The only downfall of this new found distraction that I can see is that sometimes she calms herself down from being hungry. Mathilde gets ahead of her in terms of number of feedings. Last night, for example, Tilly was up twice as often as Alexis looking for something to eat. Normally I wake Lexi up and feed her anyway when this happens, but last night Tilly was hungrier than usual. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the wash on Monday when we see Dr Tremblay.
We're pretty fortunate to have such happy and easy-going girls. They smile easily and are starting to laugh more often. Generally, they wake up happy and go to sleep the same way. The occasional melt down happens when I've not paid attention to their sleepy cues. They are entertained by such things as hands, feet, each other and River when he chances to pass through the neighborhood. They do enjoy their toys (mostly rattles and the occasional plush). Mathilde loves to eat, and Alexis tolerates it.
We're walking quite often now and the girls stay awake for most of it. I try to go for an hour since I've got to go back to work with a decent level of fitness. I've started running again, but from guilt, I have to take River when I go and he's scared of, well, everything. He hates basketball, road hockey and city work vehicles (dump trucks, garbage trucks etc). Every kid here has a basketball net and kids are always out playing on our running route. It's sort of embarrassing when you're happily running along and your dog all of a sudden parks his butt nearly causing you to fall over. And he does NOT move. I've had to find alternate routes home on many occasions.
Well, I'm going to sign off. We changed our bedtime routine last night and I'm on call a bit more often. I was nursing them to sleep but we decided to stop this practice since their first teeth will be emerging soon and this can promote tooth decay. So tonight and last night they put themselves to sleep; a practice which I'm sure will pay off for all of us. Ivan still read them a story of course.
Have a tremendous weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Created With Paper said...

Wow you're getting quite talented with the video posts, music, multiple pictures together...although I must say I couldn't tell which one was which. Maybe it's because they were quickly changing or maybe as they get older it's harder to tell them apart. Either way, love to see them so often online!