Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to "Normal"



Back to "Normal" it is indeed! I saw my Dr today and physically I'm back in good shape (well, that's relative!) I can go for walks, have a bath (thanks Ivan) and all I have to do is keep up my iron supplements. I can do that. The girls came with us for our second trial outing this morning. Last Sunday we went to our friends place for an hour to practice getting out of the house and visiting with babies. They slept through the entire experience, of course. Today they mostly slept, but Mathilde woke up for a bit of a feed and visit with Dr Carrier. I had my first public breast feeding experience, which didn't go too poorly. Nobody put a hex on me or anything!
As the video points out, we attempted to go for our first family walk today. We got the girls fed, changed, dressed and packed in their Gucci stroller and River put his favorite winter scarf on. We all got outside and were ready to proceed when the realization hit that we were locked out! So after a door was sacrificed we all piled back in the house (River no wiser for the fact that he had NO walk), and the girls no wiser for the fact that we had stranded them outside in the cold for several, shall we say tense, minutes. So there will be no more walking today...
We had a lovely visit with my Dad and Mary. They left for Florida on Saturday and made it there safely. We miss having all the Grandparents around us; all of the help was tremendous. Thank you, David & Jeanette, Dad and Mary for everything. We are flying solo for now and making it work, but if anyone is heading back this way.....LOL!
The girls will have their first appointment with their pediatrician on Monday. We're well rehearsed, so the execution should go smoothly. I cannot guarantee that nobody will get pooped on though. What is it with these babies? Seriously, and you would think that we would learn. Take the diaper off and there WILL be pee or whatever and it WILL get some place you don't want it to go. And why is it that your baby's pee (or whatever) is somehow exempt from being disgusting? It is often a thing to be celebrated! Ivan and I are always exclaiming about how amazing our latest diapering experience was. Why is that? Funny things happen when you become a parent. I guess most of you already knew that.
Well, enjoy the upcoming weekend. Tomorrow night is pizza & movie night. The girls enjoy a nice nap on Mom and Dad and we enjoy our Friday night ritual. Maybe we'll pack the girls in their baby Bjorn's on the weekend and sneak in a Museum or something. That is if I can get the Lightwood clan out of bed before 1100am. Yeah, I'm serious. You can wish me evil later, for now I'm getting sleep!

1 comment:

Created With Paper said...

11:00am that sounds about right! Nicholas I used to never get up before 10. I watched the video with the kids we all enjoyed it, Charlotte especially appreciated the bonus coverage of being able to see river! You got locked out of the house, a few days ago, Nic,Cj and I got locked in the basement bathroom!!! I was packing my gym bag when Nic slammed the door and the handle broke and I almost thought we were going to be spending the whole day in there waiting for Hal to get home from work. We were able to take the handle apart hanks to a pair of scissors!