Thursday, January 1, 2009

Plane Crash?

This Week was almost as bad as last week! My Dad and Mary arrived on Boxing Day just in time to take over so that I could be rushed to the hospital by ambulance yet again for bleeding. This time I opted for a blood transfusion to bring up my hemoglobin and was sent for another ultrasound to see what was going on inside. The images looked just like they did the week before! Everything had returned to the same state as before the last surgery. So dubiously, I was lined up for yet another D&C to clean out my infected and still stretched out uterus.
Once the surgery was completed, the girls and Ivan joined me in the hospital for two nights so that I could continue breast feeding. For this I am so grateful to the staff at Centre Mere et Enfant. I would have almost certainly lost my milk but for their common sense. Not to mention the fact that the very best medicine for any new mother is the presence of her newborn child(ren).
On the positive side, the girls continue to thrive. They have exceeded their birth weights and are starting to fit into regular sized clothes. Bye the way Tanya, the Children's Place sleepers turned out to be the best, just like you said. Their alert periods are getting longer, and they are starting to interact just a bit with their world. So far they like milk cartons and cell phones!
Let's hope that next week, or this New Year prove to be more stable for them. Though something tells me, Ivan and I will look back at our hospital campout times with a fondness, since it really was about family and togetherness during that time. And of course the lessons that were learned during that time are priceless. Happy New Year everyone.

1 comment:

Jeanette Lightwood said...

Tari, Happy New Year! So great to see the video! The girls are so sweet. Glad to hear you're back home, hope you continue to get better. Hal thinks Alexis looks like you! I still can't tell which one is which, but the more we see them the more we'll get to know them...so keep posting we can't get enough!